Marquee weddings have always had an air of prestige and exclusivity about them. But it’s only as of relatively recently that they’ve become a firm favourite here in the UK.
The question being – why now?
As always, it’s best to ask the experts.
Blue Sky Events offer a variety of marquee sizes at venues throughout the north of England suitable for any sized wedding, be it large or small, casual or formal. Explaining the recent surge in the popularity of marquee weddings, the team at Blue Sky pinpoints the following:
- Location. With marquee weddings, the whole of the UK becomes one big venue that’s open for business. From beaches to countryside to simple pub car parks, nothing and nowhere is off limits.
- Layout. For obvious reasons, you can’t expect to alter the physical layout of a traditional wedding venue. With marquee weddings, every aspect of the layout is tailored to suit your requirements from top to bottom.
- Décor. It’s also the same when it comes to décor – your wedding, your decision as to how every inch of the place is decorated.
- Scenery. Depending on the location you choose, you could benefit from the kind of scenery and backdrop that makes for the most incredible wedding photographs. There’s no better way to make the most of the great outdoors.
- Seasonal. A winter wonderland, sublime summer evening, the majesty of autumn – each season brings something uniquely wonderful to the marquee wedding. Whatever your vision, even the sky isn’t the limit.
- Scalable. When choosing a marquee wedding, the venue works to accommodate you and your guests – not the other way around. However small or large, simple or complex you want your wedding to be, everything is comprehensively scalable.
- Curfe Or should that be, lack thereof. Depending on the location you choose, you could find yourself looking at no time restrictions whatsoever. Meaning that the party keeps on going for as long as you want it to.
- Catering. The beauty of a marquee wedding is the way in which you’re in no way tied to the catering contingency of the venue. You can choose your own caterers, serving staff, menu, entertainment and everything else across the board.
- Memories. If you’re looking to create an unforgettable experience for your guests, a marquee wedding is a good way of going about it. As outdoor weddings are still comparatively niche compared to standard indoor weddings, they don’t tend to be forgotten in a hurry.
- Costs. Last but not least, perhaps the single biggest draw of marquee weddings today is the lowest ever hiring costs. The kinds of weddings that were once out-of-reach in terms of exclusivity are now comprehensively open to just about anyone.
What makes the marquee wedding unique is how every single element of the event can be tailored in direct accordance with your own unique wedding vision. Rather than simply working with what’s available, it’s a way of watching even your wildest dreams come to life, right before your eyes!