Your wedding is a special day in your life so relax, enjoy, and stop worrying about anything going wrong. Life is’nt perfect, so just go with the flow youll be less stressed and look fresher. Its your day so just look your best in the perfect dress, shoes and veil. The only thing you need is the right make up, which will make you look like never before.
Hire a Makeup Artist
First things first – Wedding is a special day so hire a professional make up artist. Take a pre wedding consultation so your make up artist knows what you want. If possible ask him to do the make up so that you know what you extract looks good on you. There is never enough time on the wedding day to experiment.
DIY Wedding Makeup Tips
In case, you decide to do your make up on your own then visit a cosmetic boutique at least one month before the wedding and see what colors look good on you before buying the make up.
Here are some of the tips that will help with makeup on the wedding day
1. Cleaning Wipes: The first important thing before starting the make up is to make sure your face is clean. Use cleaning wipes to see that its clean or not.
2. Compact Foundation: If you have dry to normal skin use creamy foundation to get coverage and clean up smudged make-up. Try Prescriptives, Max Factor 3-in-1, Shiseido liquid compact or Esteem Lauder Revelation. But if you have oily skin wear powder, powder foundation will allow coverage and camouflage blurred make-up. Also to make your foundation last for a longer time, use primer before applying foundation
3. Concealer Or Stick Foundation: A concealer will help to cover the spots on your face, bags or redness, if any. The nice thing about concealer is that it will serve the purpose not only of a cream compact foundation, but is available in different colors. Get a shade matching your skin color. Dab it onto places where you need and evenly spread on the face. Dont overdo it let it look natural. You could buy Clinique City Stick, Prescriptives Matchstick.
4. Shiny Eyeshadow: Its your wedding day you could use a little shimmer. Use a light color eyeshadow or if you like darker tone go for them. Either way , the eyeshadow will do wonders to revive the way your eyes look. You could use pale platinum gold (Chanel Venus or Clarins Vanilla Pearl),a pale silver (Chantecaille Light Or Dior Cloud), or even a soft gold (Dior Sand Beige or M&S Metal Sheen). You can also use these tinsel potion highlights for the rest of your face and body.
5. Color Accent Shadow: This is applied just over the lash-line about halfway between the pupil and the outer corner of your eye, blending in a spot about a size of a pencil rubber.
6. Colored Mascara: Apply vibrant and visible color to clean lashes and youll see it quite clearly. Use muted shades such as black-violets, bronze green, plum-browns and blue-black, They arent dark as black or boring as brown. Make sure to use water proof mascara just incase the tears of joy appear.
7. Blusher: A vibrant blusher is necessary to complete the look. A light coat of pink or peach could highlight cheekbones.
8. A lipstick And Gloss: The most important thing to complete the look . Also a layer of foundation on the lips could fill in the cracks if any. Then apply a light to medium lipstick. If dark tones look good on you it could look just fine. If you want an extra shine add a layer of lip-gloss.