Getting the perfect hairstyle for your wedding day requires a few must-do’s on your part. Make sure you do not skip any part of this list to get a beautiful bridal hairstyle for your wedding.
1. Book a Consultation: Once you have decided on a few hairstyles that you like, your next step is to book a consultation with your hairstylist. During this meeting you should bring pictures of your top hairstyle picks and ask your stylist for feedback and suggestions.
2. Choosing a Hairdresser: A good hairdresser will be honest about whether or not these wedding hairstyles will work with your hair, so be wary of a stylist that promises she can do anything you want. Alternately, if you get the feeling that you and your stylist are on completely different wave lengths don’t be afraid to either clearly state your hair preference or, if necessary, book a consultation with another stylist. Your wedding day is not a day for experimentation so make sure you have lined up a hairstylist who knows exactly what image you want and how to get your hair to reflect that.
3. Show up on Time: Finally, your wedding day is here. You booked your appointment at your consultation and you are at least ten minutes early for your hair appointment on the big day. Seriously, don’t even consider showing up late to have your wedding hairstyle done. Yes, you have got a lot going on but cutting your stylists time short is only going to make her rush through the creation of your hairstyle. Rush jobs rarely turn out well, and make hairstylist cranky, so allow the full amount of time it takes a stylist to turn your hair into your dream wedding hairstyle.
5. Wash Your Hair the Night Before: Another way to get in the good graces of your hairstylist is by washing your hair the night before. No stylist likes to have to work with dripping wet hair when creating an updo. Also, as any model will tell you, working with hair that isn’t squeaky clean ensures you wedding hairstyle will not only go together easier but will stay put better. Day old hair has a little more grip to it so skip the morning shampoo and keep your hair dry for your appointment.
6. Wear a Button Up Shirt: One last bit of advice is to wear a button up shirt to your hair appointment. Many a bride-to-be has been forced to sacrifice their favorite shirt because the neck hole would’nt fit over her head without ruining her hair. On your wedding day the only thing you want to be cutting is the cake, not your clothing in order to save your wedding hairstyle.