Setting a new home could be quite challenging for newly wed couples and yet at the same time it could be a lot of fun too. When setting up your new house after your wedding make sure to keep in mind the following points.
1. Begin your new life debt free. Clear all the debts before, so you have no trouble in the future. Delay some of the purchases for a while, so that you are debt free. In the beginning purchase all the things you need first and then slowly buy the luxury items to decorate your house. Lets say you need a stove, refrigerator, washer, and dryer. It would be tempting to go to the local appliance store and buy them all new and on payments.
If you want basic appliances which are used in daily life and you are short of cash, buy used appliances its better than staying in debt. Save cash and then later buy new ones.
2. Visit a near buy Dollar store or a supermarket because setting up a household; youd be surprise with the little things youll need to buy. Like buckets, spatulas, mats, etc. Some of those items may not be of great quality, so check before buying.
Check out the general stores near your area they could be great sources for bargains on garden hoses, wastepaper baskets, and the like.
If you are ready to spend more then look out for home stores which have good quality stuff. Also youll find good design house wares and linens.
3. Make a list of all things you need first which are urgent. Imagine staying without a dryer and instead decorating your dinning or living area. So buy things which you need now and decorating can wait. Decide if you want framed prints of your wedding hung up in your home right away or if you can do that later.
4. One of the important points is buy quality stuff which last for a longer time and is economical. This is particularly true of tools you use every day.
5. While setting your home get to know where what is available. In case of emergency at least youll know that where you get what stuff. Make sure to subscribe for the local newspaper .In order to stay in touch with what is available.
6. Compare the rates at different stores and the discount they offer then only purchase. When you buy furniture, appliances, and the like, you are making major purchases some of which you will be living with for a long time. Research properly before buying.
7. In case you have a lot of stuff to buy consider buying some used items if your budget is limited. Sometimes you can get good deals in which the prices are low and the product is just like new. Consider it as an option for few items. Old furniture could be a good options, while purchasing second hand electronics items could be a risk as if they get spoilt you have to spend on repairing cost.
8. You have must more of the home accessories if you have made a registry during your wedding. Its also a good option to ask for useful things.