Congratulations! You are planning a wedding! Even better, you are planning on getting married on the beach! Beach weddings can be a fun, affordable way to tie-the-knot! What kind of beach wedding are you looking for? Will it be just you and your significant other? Or a large wedding with numerous guests? With beach weddings, you can have whatever type of wedding you choose!
There are many things to keep in mind when planning a wedding on the beach. Sure, it is a beautiful place to begin your life together. But keep in mind that beaches have rules, just like most things in life. The first step in planning a wedding on the beach is getting permission to get married there. You cant just show up and get married! It does’nt work quite that easily. That would be similar to just showing up at a church expecting to wed the love of your life that very minute. The bottom line is: get permission for your beach wedding. Public or private beach it does’nt matter! You still need to get the okay!
Permits for Wedding Ceremony
Once you have received the go ahead to wed on the beach of your choice, make sure that you are prepared with questions about what is okay or not okay for your ceremony. Do you need a permit to get married there? Find out where the nearest bathrooms are. You dont want your guests to have to walk for miles to touch up his or her hair. Find out what the rules are on erecting large party tents and putting chairs down for the event. Ask if the area for your wedding will be segregated from other beach goers. After all, you dont want a wedding crasher showing up on your special day!
Details of the Beach Wedding
Once you have your questions answered, you can proceed with the actual planning of your beach wedding.
1. What kind of wedding do you want to have?
2. Do you want just family and close friends?
3. Do you want a large wedding with over one hundred people? Or, would you rather just keep it between you and your sweetheart, and of course, the officiant! If you decide on a big wedding at the beach, keep in mind how much space you have.
4. Will you have enough space to place chairs where you want them? Or, would you rather have people stand and watch you walk down the aisle? Remember, not everyone is able to stand, so having a few chairs for those who may not be able to stand is important!
5. Is your wedding at a beach in a far away location? If it is and you are planning a big wedding, don’t be disappointed when you receive many unable to attend on your RSVPs. After all, traveling to a beach wedding can be expensive, thus cutting down on how many people can attend.
6. How would you like to decorate the beach area for your wedding? Check out our ideas for Beach Wedding Decorations and you will see that a Beach wedding does not stop you from going for your favorite colors!
Creating a Beach Theme
You can tie in the other aspects of your wedding to go with your Beach wedding. Some ideas are special invitation wording for beach wedding, beach themed invitations, decoration, beach wedding favors, beach themed wedding cakes and cupcakes.
Take into consideration your own attire. How would you feel most comfortable, yet pretty, walking on the beach? Perhaps a shorter train, a short length wedding dress or an uneven length dress would look great along with a casual and romantic hairdo from our selection of beach wedding hairstyles section.
A beach wedding is an amazing way to tie the knot! Yes, it will require planning and discussion. But in the end, as you are walking down the beach, listening to the water lap onto the shore and perhaps witnessing a beautiful sunset, you will remember why you chose the beach as the location to start your married life!